NT: Texas Insurance [wasRe: Insurance & windshield coverage]

Subject: NT: Texas Insurance [wasRe: Insurance & windshield coverage]
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:08:20 -0500
At 08:38 AM 9/30/97 +0000, you wrote:

>       As far as I know, the "no-deductible-on-glass" rule is a state law,
>and not an insurance law.  In Florida, there is no deductible on
>glass, and you don't have to pay extra for this coverage.  I think
>Texas was the same way when I left, but not sure.  In any case,
>unless you live in a state where there is not a deductible on
>glass, or you bought extra coverage, a broken windshield is just like
>a bent fender--get ready to pay the deductible or the complete bill,
>whichever is less.
>Scott

And nobody believes me when I tell them that the insurance companies own
Texas!!

Auto insurance around San Antonio is $1200/year for one 1986 caddy, full
coverage, defensive driving credit, no accidents, no tickets. Nominal
deductible. [Bexar County is KNOWN for outrageous rates statewide]

Homeowners: $604 per year on $71,000 house with mandatory $71,000 in
contents. No claims since hail in 1984. $250 deductible.

Then there's the property taxes....school taxes...sales tax... telephone
tax... garbage tax... ozone action day taxes... pet taxes ... pet
registration fees...

And anybody who believes that the cost of living in Texas OR especially in
San Antonio is "low" think again! The COL in Fairbanks, Alaska, is lower!!
Go figure!! I checked it out when I was up there...

Harumph!

Ok. I feel better now. POORER, but better... Obviously, 1) I just got my
almost-doubled homeowners policy renewal, 2) paid the last half of the auto
insurance, 3) received my 1997 tax statementS and 4) HATE insurance
companies and bureaucracies. Whenever I hear "we're here to help you," or
"you're in good hands with...." I put my checkbook in the vault!

AND, nobody can splain to me why I have to have $71,000 in 'goods' on this
house. I refuse to have anywhere near that much worth -- the druggies steal
the good stuff here, anyway -- right after the drive-by shooting! Give me a
shovel and a coffee can!!

Lordy...why'd I pick that note on which to start my day..

It's purdy outside. So, I think it's time to see if Darlin's clutch really
is going south -- time for a drive...

Carol