BPO/DPO

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BPO/DPO
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:38:00 -0700
I was thinking about this thread, and I have to say that the most recent
owner was the best.  He replaced everything that was rotted and rusted in the
car.
If it wasn't for his welding, the car would be a total POS.  The subframes were
bad,
and he brazed in new ones, along with rockers, sills, and floors.  Bought two
new
fenders and a new grille, then painted the car.  He didn't drive it but 200
miles in
four years.  However, he did some funky things with the ignition switch, then
hit the
car with a tractor, denting the two new fenders and ruining the grille.  His
PO's
were pretty bad on the car with paint, I believe the car to have at least six
coats
on it.  All of the mechanicals are original, and with 73,000mi, a very good car
restore to concourse-type shape.
        I guess I'd be a DPO if I sold the car right now, with it's non-factory
wire
wheels and weber carb.  Not to mention the blower and tubber out rear end.  8-)
 Of
course, it's only major problem is the half-done suspesion and bad water pump.
Oh
yeah, the wiring for the turn sig's and flashers are not hooked up...But soon,
yes,
soon, the car will be on the road...
--
Michael S. Lishego