Re: Discussion of using list to sell parts (was Re:Updated

To: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Discussion of using list to sell parts (was Re:Updated
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 10:32:41 -0500
At 11:16 AM 10/2/97 -0400, I read:

>I agree and a short list of parts with prices is welcome as long as:

>its not a business,
>posters limit themselves to one such postings per year,
>the subject line clearly states that the posting is a parts for sale posting,
>no other LBC discussion takes place in that posting (so it can be deleted
without
>reading)
>the subject includes the type of vehicle the parts are for, e.g., FS Parts
for 1973
>Midget, 1977 MGB.

Whoops!! This is getting a bit tooooo rule-ish for my tastes, Chris/Kai/Etc.!

How's about we let common sense prevail and not get our knickers in a knot
over one post!!  I usually read every line of a for-sale message... never
know when I'll stumble upon a bargain...

BUT, I also have a "delete" key so as not to busy up my life on purpose...
If I have time, I read. If I don't, I delete, or skip.

>My biggest complaint is people not changing the subject line when new
threads are
>started, or using irrelevant subject lines.

I'm as guilty as anybody else on this one, and I live through it! We're all
human.... thank goodness... and condemned to occasional oversights.

>I seem to recall someone at one time suggesting that this is what the
delete key is
>for when defending non-LBC threads.  I suggest use of the delete key is the
>solution to private postings of parts your not interested in.  Again as
long as the
>subject line makes sense and matches the thread and only non-business
postings are
>made things should be OK.

Generally makes sense to me!!

Carol