Monsoon in Phoenix? Yeah, right Was, C Roadster for Sale

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Monsoon in Phoenix? Yeah, right Was, C Roadster for Sale
From: bmc@syspac.com
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 07:21:15 -0700
Robert Allen wrote:

> Here is something I came across. For $12,500 you can have a rare
> roadster.
>
> Some really big-ass pictures and hoity-toity descriptions.
>
> Monsoon in Phoenix? Yeah, right.

Robert until you have lived here you would not believe such a term as
"Monsoon" would fit this local.  For a land that has only 7-8" of rain a
year, everyone fails to mention the fact that it arrives in 6 to 7
rainfalls.  Yes 1 to 2 inches at a time with no where to go and it
floods the streets with water that's  quite deep.  As they have no storm
sewers and the ground is so baked so hard it can not absorb much.  Its
nothing to go out several hours after a rain and dig down on level
ground only to find the water has only penetrated only 1 to 1.5 inches.

"Yes its true, Dorothy."

Regards

Jon