Re: Just a FINE day...

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Just a FINE day...
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 97 09:18:12 -0400
Hello??? Patton Dickson

<SNIP>
>    Well the right side had no play, but the the degreasing uncovered a
>crack in the A-arm, right where the front fulcrum point is (GASP)  I am
>sure that was safe!!!

<SNIP>
>Today we did cut out the badly rusted front frame arms and get
>everything lined up and ready to weld them on next week.  Dick made a
>couple tubes slightly smaller that we used for sleeves inside, it should
>be stronger than original now!!!
>
>I'll start pulling the engine or suspension soon I guess, suspension
>just feels like it's going to cost a lot more money.  And I'm sure that
>the right A-arm is not suited as a core....  But I know that I cannot
>drive it with the suspension the was it is.  The engine can run like it
>is.  I still have all the parts for the wire wheel conversion and tube
>shock conversion in the trunk of my company car, I guess it all should
>be knocked out at once.
>
>Anyone have a cheap rebuildable Right A-arm?  Or maybe a complete front
>rebuild kit they forgot they bought but just put on the shelf for a
>rainy day??? Heck I need so much right now my head is dizzy, and the
>body still looks like junk..
<SNIP>
Patton,
I am not sure what model of MG you are talking about (I, contrary to the
SO's opinion, con not remember everything) but an A-Arm should cost about
$160 from Moss. That's what mine cost when I had to do it on the Midget.
Other wise call Ted Schumacher. He may have a good one for a reasonable
price.

I agree if you are going to do the whole front suspension and are
thinking conversion - do it all at once. There'll be MOWOG to pay if you
do it in two steps.

Larry Macy
78 Midget