Re: monster list

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: monster list
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 19:10:13 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have seen several references to the Monster List on various
>postings concerning parts. Can anyone inform me just where
>I can find this list?
>
>TIA,
>
>Robert Weeks
>Durham NC
>1969 Midget
>http://www.woozy.com/midget/

Hope the following helps:

Intro to MGs: Every so often I receive information requests from new
MGB owners. When I do I send them the following. I believe information
is the most important thing in keeping this hobby alive. Hope this
helps a few. Safety Fast, David Deutsch

Four main new parts vendors in US are :

Moss Motors  1-800-235-6954

Special Interest Car Parts 1-800-851-5600

Victoria British 1-800-255-0088

The Roadster Factory 1-800-283-3723 or e-mail to
TRFMAIL@internetmci.com

Some of the smaller parts suppliers are:

MG Bits and Spares with an order line at 1-800-643-3482

The Poper MG 1-800-711-3368  or e-mail propermg@aol.com

Brit-tek 1-800-255-5883 (great tech info)

for you Sprite / Midget and Mini / Morris Minor people:
Mini Mania
31 Winsor St.
Milpitas, CA 95035
800-946-2642

Call all these #s and request parts catalogs, in most cases mentioning
my name will help expedite request although sometime they will say
"David who?" depends on individual on the phone.

There are a few good used parts venders for those No Longer Available
(NLA) items. I highly recommend Jim Knight's British Racing Green in
Newark, Del. 1-302-368-1117

Ts Imported Automotive, Pandora , Ohio 800-543-6648 or e-mail:
tedsimx@mail.bright.net

There is also a place in Sandwich, MA which specializes in Austin
Parts, Austin Works East can be e-mailed at Austnworks@aol.com

The major National Club is North American MGB Register membership info
can be gotten by calling: 1-800-NAMGBR1 or thru  website at:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr/index.html  Membership is $25 annually
in the USA and includes the bi-monthly award winning "MGB Driver"
publication

There is an e-mailing MG list you can get on by e-mailing to:
Majordomo@autox.team.net
Leave the subject blank
type in message area "subscribe mgs"
This will hook you into a system of approx. 400 MG owners
you will on a busy day recieve from 30 to 50 MG related postings to the
list. Alot is nonsense but some is very useful info.

Always try to source your parts via the list first and get many times
acquire your needs from a fellow enthusiast.

Other MG internet information sites:
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/
http://www.team.net/sol Where you will find the "monster list" of parts
suppliers and venders
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/class/USACFS.html is a site for Car For Sale
replace USACFS w/ USAPFS and you will get parts for sale classifies

I have an events page at
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/clubs/deutsch.html
you can find events for British car enthusiasts from Florida to s.e.
Canada along the Atlantic Coast

"Worth looking into" publications:
"British Car - The American Magazine for MG Enthusiasts Who Love
British Cars"
1 year (6 issues) $22.95  1-800-520-8292
"British Marque Car Club News" 28 page monthly newspaper, subscribtion
info available at website http://www.british-cars.org.uk/marque
MGB Driver available only thru NAMGBR membership