Laws on SPAM - was: Re: This list being used for solicitations?

To: car@texas.net (Carol)
Subject: Laws on SPAM - was: Re: This list being used for solicitations?
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 00:08:13 -0400
I wholeheartedly agree with Carol!

The US government does not control the internet.  Who will define
"spam"?  The same government that defines "obscenity" based on what
"they" consider morally wrong (like Bill Clinton has morals)?  The same
government that created that stupid TV program rating system that tells
you nothing of the show's content?  I could go on and on......  Even if
they wanted to legislate it, how could they stop spammers in other
countries?  What, on the internet will be banned next?  Maybe the
mailing lists for our classic, non-catalytic converter vehicles?  Give
them an inch and they'll take a mile!  No way!

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort