Re: This list being used for solicitations?

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: This list being used for solicitations?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 16:04:37 EDT
On Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:21:04 -0500 dmeadow@juno.com writes:
>I haven't received any such mail in the account I use for the list, so
>it isn't being sent to you as a list member.
>
>David Littlefield
>Houston, TX
>
>On Wed, 8 Oct 1997 11:59:55 -0700 (PDT) (11:59 am 18:59 UT) PHILIPPE
>TUSLER  <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com> writes:(SNIP)
>>Is anyone else suddenly getting solicitations for car parts and
>>pornography?
>Someone is using this list for commercial purposes.
>>That is strictly against the rules of this list.
>>Please stop.
>>
>>************************************************************************
>>*Philippe Tusler

I too only use this account for MG related correspondence and to date
have not had any spam messages except from juno itself and since its free
it would be a bit rude to complain...
however
My AOL account must get 20-30 messages a day for everything from
stockbrokers to porno sites - i delete everything where i dont recognise
the sender (which is pretty much everything) - if i want to be parted
from my money i only need go home!!

an unfortunate fact of life in the information age.....

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster