Re: SB 42

To: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>, Phil Bates <jello@dns.ida.net>
Subject: Re: SB 42
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 19:40:34 -0700
The initiatives were overturned because they failed to meet constitutionaly
madated requirements.  I kinda like the idea that an initiative,like any
other law,that violates the constitution will be overturned. The
alternative is the possbility of seeing things like warrantless searches
passed by initiative.

On the bright side here, it's unlikely that it could be overturned on
constitutional grounds.

Greg

At 05:46 PM 10/9/97 -0700, pat bailey wrote:
>Hooray!!!
>Now your pre 74 should be worth more.I still have to wait until 2009 but
>I'm happy for all who benefit from this!It looks like word of mouth
>worked ther was nothing about SB42 on the news,I asked  everyone at work
>to write Wilson and went on local talk radio a couple of times.Who knows
>I may be able to get an earlier B some day (If my 18 and 17 year old
>will leave....Just kidding ,dear!)One thing crossed my mind ...Can some
>judge overturn this like they have our initiatives?
>Pat 79 B 11 years and waiting!

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats