'Quito and her new role [was Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler]

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: 'Quito and her new role [was Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler]
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:52:47 -0500
At 04:03 PM 10/11/97 +0000, Paul Hunt wrote:
>From: Mike Lishego

>> Does anyone know what the protocol is for cleaning a stock MGB oil
>> cooler? ...

>The outside of mine on the V8 was cruddy so I hosed it through.
>'Course, now it's dripping oil.  Ho hum.

Crud and sploodge DO have a place in the universe, Paul...

The A/C that quit  here the other day is ~absolute~ proof that cat hair,
like sploodge, is an excellent sealant... It sure sealed the "air leaks" on
the A/C's condensor and coil fins. Finally made the fan stick.

'Quito (the cat) is now making the squirrel cage run... sort of a
double-my-money-back option: I feed her anyway, so by making her "run for
the food" to operate the squirrel cage, I'm saving on the electric bill....
WHY make the cat hair float so far?? Save energy... take the supply to the
consumer: put the cat in the A/C.

I figure she'll go another two, maybe three days, then I'll be off to the
shelter to pick up more recruits. Unlike energy sources that are
fossil-fuel-dependent, cats are in infinite supply! I put thumb screws on
the AC case so it'll be easier to put in the new 'runners'... Don't need
tools now...

OH, and I forgot to mention the kitty footprints that were all over the
freshly detailed car when I took it to ABCD the other weekend! The car was
not even DRY before she trapsed all over it. It was dark and chilly, so...
I just left the "cute" little prints intact and noted them as a "factory
option" in the "comments" section of the show placard...!  THAT CAT OWES ME!!!

And, yes, she still rules the house... just yowls louder to be heard above
the din of the A/C noise when she needs more 'kitty snacks.'

Carol