Hell froze over and pigs flew today

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hell froze over and pigs flew today
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 18:13:20 -0400 (EDT)
I picked up my B today, hurray! After two years in the body shop, it's about
time.
Oh boy, now I can start working on the non-structural things (like a very
annoying
rattle coming from behind the passenger seat somewhere).

I got new rockers, floorboards, quarter panel patches all around, the thingy
that the
jack goes into, and other things I don't know the names of. After I put in an
interior
and carpet kit, I should have a pretty respectable daily driver.

After sitting two years, I was afraid there might be some trouble starting
the engine
but it started on the first lick. I'm suprised the battery is still good! I
don't know the
history of the car at all, and I only had it for a week before I discovered
the unsafe
condition of the rockers and took it to the body shop. The engine feels
strong and
is more than willing to rev. It sounds a bit throaty when letting off the
gas, almost
like little backfires at times. Could this be the sign of a hot cam? Or maybe
just a
bad muffler? How can I tell if the engine has been souped up?

The car definitly perked up when I added some fresh gas on the 50 mi trip
back home. I can't wait to see how it does when all the old gas is all used
up. Boy it's nice
to actually drive an MG rather than just owning an MG!

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - finally home after 2 years in shop, AMGBA #96-12029