Re: Newbie

To: "Russell H Read" <rread@vlint.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 19:35:10 -0500
Russel,

Welcome!  Mine is a bit newer (76).  I can vouch
for all the books the other person mentioned,
as I have all three plus Clausager's "Original MGB".
If you're a perfectionist it's for you.

However, for your first book you should get the
Haynes manual, I think.  It is about $16 compared
to $40 for the Bentley manual.  The Haynes is
easier for DIYers but the Bentley is factory.
The Bentley manual assumes you know how to do
many things (it is for dealership mechanics after
all) and the Haynes is more for the individual.

Best of luck.

Tyson