RE: Mercer / Larry's car's third place :-)

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Mercer / Larry's car's third place :-)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 97 11:00:37 -0400
>>Larry,
>>  Congrats on 3rd place.
>>  That is so cool!
>>  You can be justifiably proud!
>>
>>-Vince
>>San Antonio
>>
>Larry, How about a little credit where credit is due. It wasn't Larry's
>car that won third, it was David's (me) votes that gave it third. It
>was a great day and I enjoyed meeting Kai for the first time. The
>voting was strange, in that you got to vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in
>each catagory. Eileen's and my votes for 1st on Larry's car was with
>out a doudt the clincher. Fact is it was the dog of the group but I was
>picking the cars with the most soul and personality. The funniest part
>of the day, for me, was when I overheard two people talking about my
>car and saying "he doesn't take very good care of it" and other replyed
>"what do you mean? it looks good" to which the first fellow said "Well
>he lives on Long Island and I've seen him at shows in South Jersey,
>Maryland and PA at least 4 times this year. All those miles can't be
>good for the car":-) I took home diddlely in the way of awards but did
>great in the raffle.  :-) Safety Fast, David Deutsch
I did give you credit in my original post. I said that the listers that
were there made my car get 3rd. (I also voted for myself.) I have the
plaque and a photo that somebody from the Phiily Club took in Lancaster
on my wall in my office so the people I work with can see what I do with
my weekends ;-)