Re: First Flakes

To: <stritle@epix.net>
Subject: Re: First Flakes
From: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:20:35 -0500
Oh,  If only it were possible here!
My car is from Southern California (stll has the "Burbank Sportscar Centre"
badge) and is rustless enough that last night may well be the only snow it
has seen in it's 36 years, but it wouldn't take  many Minnesota winters to
reduce it to a pile of parts. Even if I were hardy enough to endure
sidescreens at 30 below zero (Farenheit); the road salt and sand, ice ruts,
monster potholes, slithering autos, and multiple feet of snow both
underfoot and obstructing vision at intersections would seriously reduce
the life expectancy of my little Midge.

At 30 below the long empty stretches of midwest roads and the Lucas
electrics might reduce the life expectancy of the driver. (Even with a cell
phone; last year there was a couple in S. Dakota that waited a whole day
for the county to come find them in a Snow Cat after giving directions on
the cell. They finally used radio triangulation to locate them.)

Phil Vanner