FW: RE: Gas Tank Leak and Distributer Vacuum

To: mgs
Subject: FW: RE: Gas Tank Leak and Distributer Vacuum
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:41:05 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["BIDGOOD, ALAN"
<BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>]]

     Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:18:00 -0700
     From: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
     Subject: RE: Gas Tank Leak and Distributer Vacuum

     [Yes, I'm several weeks behind in cleaning out the admin queue.  mjb.]

Jamey,

Just read your E-Mail,

I'm not sure about gas tank repair, but I believe it
is possible, from other messages I've read in the past.

As for the vacuum line - yes, you are right it goes to a little
square box near the Brake and Clutch cylinders, and a second
line connects from the box to the carb.  There is an electrical
connection to the box, the purpose being to enable automatic
advance to the distributor, only when the car is in fourth gear.
 - something to do with California smog control.

I'm not sure whether this would have anything to do with your
overheating - possibly?

Your message caught my eye partly because I also live in
San Carlos and I have a 1978 MGB Roadster.

Hope this helps a bit,
                                                            Alan B.'
 ---