Re: midget tire suggestions

To: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Subject: Re: midget tire suggestions
From: Stan Fickes <fickes@alink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 97 07:57:43 -0700
Dustin-
On my '65 Sprite, I am using 1275 Rostyle wheels because they are 1/2
inch wider than the stock wheels.  I painted them silver, so they just
look like nice custom wheels.  I've had several comments (all positive).
Anyhow, I have Dunlop 165-70/13 tires on the wheels, and I'm quite happy
with them.  According to most sources, this is the widest one would want
to go with the wheels, and they are very close to the circumference of
the 145/13s.

>Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:40:03 -0400
>From: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
>Subject: midget tire suggestions
>
>Hi all,
>
>After my driving season in my midget, I'm looking ahead to making some
>improvements during the off-season.  Could those of you with spridgets
>please give me some recommendations on tire size, brand, and model for my
>'73 Midget.  I'm probably up for investing in good tires, but would also
>like to save a few bucks if possible.
>
>I'm running stock rostyle wheels, so how wide can I go?  I have old Dunlop
>SP4 145SR13's on it now, and I like the profile height.  Would I want a 70
>aspect ratio if I go to 155 or 165 width?
>
>Dustin Howarth
>howarth@pulsenet.com
>'73 Midget

Stan Fickes