Re: Acura Legend/ Sterling (was Midget based on Honda Civic not t

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Subject: Re: Acura Legend/ Sterling (was Midget based on Honda Civic not t
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:30:00 +0100
It was admittedly very much a case of Honda being the dominant partner -
mechanically the Acura and Sterling were very close. But teams of
engineers from both companies worked closely together, developing
components to suit their individual needs, and the bodies and trim were
quite different.

In the UK, the Rover factory at Cowley churned out both Rover 800/
Sterlings and Honda Legends (not sold as Acura outside the USA) whilts
Honda reciprocated in Japan, building Rover 800s for local and
Australian consumption. It is notable however that Rover and Honda did
not build cars for each other to sell in the 'States.