Re: New to MGs/Looking at a '69

To: "Victoria & David Boyd" <millview@limestone.kosone.com>
Subject: Re: New to MGs/Looking at a '69
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:16:09 -0600 (MDT)
At 19:06 16/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

Victoria & David!

Welcome! Based on your list, at this point (snip)

>-rocker panels (home made) were repaired recently with pop rivets - lots of
>brazing, resin and gaps

My thought was to advise that you pass...sounds like there's a real horror
show goin' on under there..MG rust subscribes to the tip-of-the-iceberg
principle...then, when I read this part (snip)

>Owner asking $6K+ and claims it's worth 8.

Find out what medication he's on, and leave the room immediately.

You should be able to find a sound, restorable MG of this vintage for
between 3 and 4K. 8 Grand for a car with all those maladies?

Whew.

Keep lookin' - there's better ones out there. BTW, where are you located?

Cheers from Halifax, Nova Scotia - on the beautiful Atlantic coast of Canada,

Terry Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster