Re: New to MG's and looking at a '69

To: millview@limestone.kosone.com
Subject: Re: New to MG's and looking at a '69
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:03:57 EDT
On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:06:09 -0400 "Victoria & David Boyd"
<millview@limestone.kosone.com> writes:
>Hi folks:
>I fancy MG's and have been test driving a couple. Never owned one
>before. A
>'69 (registered in '70) has caught my eye. Nicely restored.  Mechanic
>had a
>fine tooth comb when he went over it and found the following:
>(snip)

>Estimated cost of mechanics $3K not counting the paint and body work
>Owner asking $6K+ and claims it's worth 8.
>
>Comments, opinions and advice is welcome, appreciated and required.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Victoria.

Phew, this one needs a lot of work - though all typical of the items that
crop up
on these cars. the seller is talking nonsense, unless there is a big bag
of money
in the boot!
from the description it is barely above being a parts car which would
guess $200-1000
depending on the overall condition.
as a driver - which it certainly isnt right now - mechanically sound but
tatty i would guess
$2000 ish - for $6000 you could get a FULLY restored driver and at $8000
you'd be winning
shows all over the country!
British Car magazine had a price guide a few weeks ago, will dig it out
unless someone else
has it to hand and quotes it first!!!
keep looking, and go back to this seller in about 4 months whan he still
hasnt sold it and is
more realistic!

mike robson
69 roadster