[Small MG Content] Dumb Laws

To: "Benjamin Ruset" <bruset@monmouth.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Small MG Content] Dumb Laws
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 97 18:36:59 -0400
On 10/18/97 3:06 AM so and so  Benjamin Ruset said. (And I quote)

>what a freaky subject line. just in case a server trunkates it:
>[no mg relevance] LAWS was:  Re: Felony Misdemeanor? Was:Re: Why not to
>drive an MG to your        drivers Test!
>

>>Ummm, Carol, what I meant was that a crime is usually either a misdemeanor
>>OR a felony, not both. Pardon my nitpicking, but I thought you'd pick up on
>>it. I really like the legalese for burglary tools though, commonly called
>>"burglarious instruments." I also remember reading about some town in New
>>York that had a city ordinance against eating peanuts while walking
>>backwards on the sidewalk while a concert is going on. (I'm serious). Can't
>>begin to imagine why...
>
>there are many places that have weird laws. would be nice to see if there
>was a place on the web with a listing of them... =)
>

>BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
>Sick of the same old sig...

Sorry Trev - I think in IN or IL there is still a law that requires if
you are driving a car at night you have to have somebody in front of you
carring a lantern and honk the horn every 50 yards. Must have bee a
prerunner of the Lacas lights

Larry Macy
78 Midget