front end resto

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: front end resto
From: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 22:08:07 -0400
Hi folks, I am gathering a list of parts I must exchange to bring the
steering and front suspension to like
new condition and need some advise. The car has not had changes since new
(77) The steering wheel has about 1 1/2" inch play, is hard to turn and
rattles a lot on bumby roads. I plan to replace the the following parts but
have doubts about the parts with *** and I may have left some important part
out. Thanks for your help Enrique.

STEERING
1. Tie rod ends
2. gasket steering back
3. Inner tie rod repair kit?????
4. bearing pinion
5. oil seal
6. rack and pinion repair kit
6. pad rack damper
7. shim,gasker cover plate rack
8. oil seal steering coupling
9. U-joint steering ***
10. rack boot kit
11. steering column assembly ***

FRONT SUSPENSION

1. A arm bushing kit
2. rubber seal and bushings
3. mount pad upper and lower
4. fulcrum pin lower
5. distance tub and rubber seals
6. spring collar ***
7. rebound buffer ***
8. front shock absorbers *** new or rebuilt???
9. major suspension kit, includes king pin links etc.
10. front wheel bearing
11. fulcrum pin upper
12. dust tube up/low and spring
13. grease cap