MGC servo check valve

To: 75127.3661@compuserve.com
Subject: MGC servo check valve
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 11:25:19 -0400 (EDT)
Tom!  Found that the probably cause of my servo "malfunction" was due to a
defective check valve at the intake manifold (I had experienced an engine
fire during the car's rebuild period.)

Victoria British lists separate part numbers for the MGB and MGC (#7-226 at
$20.85 for the B and #7-039 at $9.85 for the C)

But.....I had a spare late model B manifold which had a good check valve...it
is the SAME check valve as was on my C. (Of course this does not mean a
previous owner replaced the valve in an earlier life.) But...this is another
source for C owners!

I also purchased a check valve at Autozone (Motormite #80190) for about $3.00
which I used as a reducer from the Y-adapter to the manifold.

Wonder if this could be the problem you were experiencing in August?

Might I add the the car brakes MUCH more efficiently now that the servoes are
in working order...I also replace the wire wheels with Minilyte repros and
Eagle GT 195SR65s...which gave the car entirely new handling characteristics!

Cheers!

rick ingram #985