Re: 2 Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, bdhutch@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: 2 Questions
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:32:19 -0700
At 10:01 PM 10/19/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey Burt:
>Earlier this year I installed a master cylinder pedal box with a brake
>booster from a rubber bumper MGB (year unknown).  The box bolted right
>up to existing captive nuts!  BUT, I am running a Weber DGAV carb; with
>dual SU carbs, I don't think there would be enough room for the booster
>and master cylinder to clear the SUs.  Keep in mind that the rubber
>bumper MGBs used a single carb set-up.

Burt,

The installation of the brake booster won't interfere with your SU's but it
WILL prevent use of the original air cleaners.  I retro fitted twin SUs to
my `76 and all went well except the air cleaners.  I used aftermarket
pancake type filters which looked very cool but even they were a tight fit.

Cheers,
  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT