Re: Brake Fluid Replacement- MityVac woes

To: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid Replacement- MityVac woes
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 14:10:10 -0500
Engelhardt wrote:

> I've had the same trouble bleeding my brakes with the mighty vac. So
> much so that I no longer use it on the MG. It does work well on my other
> cars.
>
> Bill Eastman wrote:
> >
> > Moral of the story?  For some reason, the MGA residing in my garage does
> > not respond to MityVac bleeding.  This process works great on my daily
> > driver (Ac*ra Int*gra).uuming the old fluid out of the MC, however.

Hmm. So two MGA's can't be sucked by a MightyVac? Odd story.

I wonder if there was a slight pressure on the brake pedal would make a
difference? That is, is the seal at the top of the piston in the master cylinder
designed such that fluid won't drain through? If so, resting a brick on the
brake
pedal while using the MityVac might get around this feature.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"An extrovert computer programmer? One who talks while staring at YOUR shoes."