Re:Mists & Mellow/OD Prep

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re:Mists & Mellow/OD Prep
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:08:57 -0600 (MDT)
At 20:05 20/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Sunday morning, 9:30. (snip)

Paul:

What a great piece of writing! I'm keeping this to review on those hazy
shades of winter days!

Here on the other side of the Atlantic, nature has been dealing us a
spectacular fall season. There hasn't been much rain here on the Atlantic
coast of Canada (sorry BC!), and as a result the fall colours are marvelous.
We live right on the ocean, and have many scenic drives of winding roads
along the coastline. This past Sunday morning, the waters of the inland
lakes, as well as the ocean were perfectly still, creating nature's mirror
of the vivid reds, oranges, yellows and greens of a magnificent autumn.

Truly, the only problem with this wonderful weather - is what follows.

To that end, I'm preparing for the overdrive installation in the '68. I've
had the tranny checked over, new seals installed, found a new OD wiring
harness, ordered (and just received)a fresh clutch kit, had the universals
on the driveshaft renewed, and vaccuumed off the summer's accumulated dust
on the garage's electric heater.

Last year, I devised a pully arrangement that allows the hardtop to be
stored dangling from the garage ceiling. Problem was, I'm 6', and the top
hung at about 6' 1/32" - just enough to graze and startle (I don't have many
friends over 6' anymore!). Anyhow, by reconfiguring the arrangement, I
gained another 10 inches clearance, which in turn will clear the hoist arm
during engine removal.

And on those foul winter nights, when I am personifying the tool definitions
posted on this list some time ago - I shall re-read your Mists & Mellow, and
rekindle the memories.

Thanks!

Terry 'Sappy' Williams
'70 BGT