Wire Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheels
From: "Frank R. Krajewski" <FrankK@businesson.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:18:23 -0700
Anyone have any suggestions for tuning one's own wire wheels. Having way
too much time on my hands I am amenable to constructing whatever piece
of equipment might be necessary, i.e mounted spindle from a wired wheel
axle? Or does anyone know of a source that provides instructions on the
creation and use of such equipment. I have heard too many horror stories
about the fallibility of commercial wire wheel tuners and the exorbitant
prices they exact for this service. I have my own bubble balancer which
works fine but really need to develop the wheel tuning skill. Would
appreciate any comments from those who have this kind of expertise.
Frank Krajewski
1980 MGBLE
1973 MGB
1972 MGBGT