RE: Concerto

To: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Subject: RE: Concerto
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:27:00 +0100
I don't think that the Concerto was sold in the 'States - certainly not
the version built in the UK. Years ago, we had a Honda Integra
(remember, the Acura name has never been used outside the US market)
which was a quite sleek five door hatch (again Escort sized) with pop-up
headlights. I think that car was sold in the USA as the Acura Integra.
Proportions were very similar to the later Honda Concerto, but the
latter was a separate line, created as part of Honda/Rover project "YY".

The Honda product line has, in the past, often been quite confusing - a
legacy of the Japanese market, where many manufacturers have multiple
brand names selling from competing dealerships (the Mazda Miata, sold in
UK & Europe as the Mazda MX-5, is sold in Japan as the Eunos Roadster!).
So you see, bdage engineering is not an exclusively "western"
phenomenon!