Re: A lot of stuff, NONE OF WHICH MG RELATED...)

To: peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu
Subject: Re: A lot of stuff, NONE OF WHICH MG RELATED...)
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:46:51 EDT
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:03:48 -0700 (PDT) "John J. Peloquin"
<peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu> writes:
>Dear Netters,
>
>Far be it from me to claim expertise on british music, but I did
>listen
>to a fair bit

>Wellll, Theres the Groundhogs (especially "thank Christ for the bomb")
 - havnt heard that in 20 odd years -  anyone got a copy??

>THE WHO- If you can believe it, I think they were underrated! "My
>Generation is as immortal a comment on youth and their elders as ever
>there was
After seeing them 30 odd times since 1966 i guess i agree -
Theres The WHO - and then theres everybody else!

>King Crimson (memory obscured by smoky haze probably not good to drive
>to while unimpaired)
Robert Fripp was a couple of years ahead of me at school - yes, he was
that "unusual"

>Small Faces (Rod Stewart was lead singer)
No - Rod was lead with "Faces" .the truly excellent (and very dead) Steve
Marriot was the dude
(see also Humble Pie)

-Marc Bolan was killed in a car wreck
>and  was one of the most perversely clever and inventive guitarists
ever)

Wanna have some fun? - See if you can find anything by Bolans earlier
band
"johns Children" - they had an awesome drummer! (hehe - work it out!)

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster