Re: Why I had no oil pressure on initial start up

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why I had no oil pressure on initial start up
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:28:14 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 10/25/97 5:16:22 AM, EMPcoLWE@aol.com wrote:

<<The problem was that the "machine shop" (I now refer to them by other, less
endearing terms) neglected to put the gear drive off the cam in to the oil
pump before assembly. So the oil pump was primed (quite full, actually.>>

Unfortunately, this is not as uncommon an occurrence as one might think.
 Frequently the excuse given when the engine has no oil pressure is the
gasket between the pump and the block blew out.  Right.  If you have no oil
pressure in a newly installed rebuild, that is one of the first two things to
check. The other is the spring and piston in the pressure relief valve.

Bob Shaw
Winterizing MG's for hibernation
in Lincoln, NE.