Re: Carb problem-filter caps coming loose

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Carb problem-filter caps coming loose
From: Mike Hartley <mganut@accucomm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 23:11:55 -0500
Nory wrote:>
> I have this problem with one carb too.  A new cap doesn't work either.
> I assume there's a problem with the threads on the carb.  Any
> suggestions/solutions would be appreciated.

Since I do not have an MG yet (and I emphasize yet), this is a shot in
the dark.  Could you use teflon tape on the threads of the cap to make
it just a little larger, helping to hold it in place by making it a
tighter fit?  I know I have had to use this little trick in the past
though it was not on a car.  It seemed to work for me then.

Just a thought.  Hope I didn't show my complete ignorance too badly :)

Mike

mganut@accucomm.net