Re: Crack of Doom

To: bugide@juno.com
Subject: Re: Crack of Doom
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 22:28:33 -0700
Larry is right on, I would add a couple of things though.  Before you do
any welding drill a small hole at the end of the crack, this relieves
strain and will keep the crack from getting larger.  The second thing is
to weld a small piece of sheet metal on the inside of the door behind the
crack.  I have heard that if you buy a new Heritage Body they have this
re-enforcement.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster