Re: Heat & Cold

To: welches@loop.com
Subject: Re: Heat & Cold
From: SteveB5815@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:01:08 -0500 (EST)
Hi Steve,
My '79B (puchased recently) has A/C installed. I believe it was a BL supplied
dealer installed option. There IS room for it. The compressor goes where the
alternator originally mounts and the alternator gets mounted to a bracket
above the A/C compressor. The unit under the dash is not obtrusive and has a
small outlet at the bottom corners under the dash. They are connected by some
black plastic hose. The dryer is mounted to the forward part of the left
inner fender. So far it hasn't been difficult to work on the engine because
the hoses are routed out of the way. Seeing that a dealer installed A/C unit
is probabaly impossible to come by new the Vintage Air unit would be an
excellent choice. They design to fit into the cramped quarters of a street
rod.