Re: 77 mgb airpump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 77 mgb airpump
From: ROBRTM3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 22:03:11 -0500 (EST)
Dear List,

I am new to the list and have learned quite a lot reading the digest over the
last few weeks.  I recently purchsed a 77 mgb that had sat in the PO's garage
for a couple of years.  He had to sell quickly as he was being transfered out
of state and was moving that weekend. He was not going to have room for the
car in his new house,  I believed I purchased it for a fair price at $1,000.
 Good body, paint and top, no rust, always a Texas car and only 60,300 miles.
 The car was not running, but the PO had been driving it regularly two years
previously.  After purchase and taking it home and looking it over,  it
appears all it will need to get is running is a new fuel pump and a carb
rebuild.  However, someone has taken off the emission stuff, like the air
pump and gump valve etc.

Has anyone in Texas had an experience like this?   Will I need to replace
these items to pass the emission test and more importantly, should I replace
these item for the benefit of the car?

If so, does anyone have an extra airpump that they could sell?  Been calling
the junk/parts yards in Houston, no luck.

On another topic, what is the best type and brand of paint to repaint the
rostyle wheels.  Gloss or matte black and what color code, if any, for
silver?  Any protective finish?

Thank your for your help and knowledge.

Robert Murray
Katy, Texas                       Robrtm3@aol.com