Re: Fuel?

To: mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Fuel?
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 16:07:48 EST
The two measures of octane rating are "motor"(or MON) and "research"(or
RON).  Of the two, research tends to be the higher of the two, usually by
about 6 points.
 In this country, the octane number on the pumps is an average of the
two, sometimes refered to as the "RM/2" or "R+M 2/" number.
  Most of the owners manuals, when defining acceptable octane ratings for
fuel, refer to the RON number (my 72 manual actually uses the term RON).
 just my $.02 worth
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget