Re: Clarification "most supportive to a new generation MG

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clarification "most supportive to a new generation MG
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 00:22:58 -0500
>If it's not too late, let me remind you that nylon tow ropes are designed to
>streeeeetch.  You might want to take chains instead.

Here's the funny part:

In the New York / New Jersey area, it POURED today. I mean, total deluge.

So, we leave in my friend's rickety 86(?) Ford Ranger and have to take back
roads all the way up to Staten Island. My friend doesn't like bridges at
all, even without a trailer, no crosswinds, and dry pavement. Plus the fact
that the trailer had 2" of ground clearance didn't make matters any better.

THANK GOODNESS i have a Long Island map. Getting there was no problem, but
getting back was less than fun. But first:

Shoehorning a 12'8" MGB onto a 12' landscaping trailer is also not fun.
Don't ask how we did it, but I don't think that chains were necessary,
because the car was packed in so tight, it wasn't even funny. Fortunately,
I was able to get a comealong and we got it on the trailer. David Deutsch
tried meeting me there, but he had to leave before we arrived - we missed
him by 10 minutes.

Anyway, to make a long story short, it was a white nuckle drive with wet
brakes, a MGB on our trailer, a pickup that almost cought on fire, and lots
of bridges and hills. But we made it back to Monmouth County, NJ safely,
and the B is outside my mechanics now, waiting to be brought back to life
on Monday.

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
"If you gaze for a long time into an abyss,
 the abyss gazes also into you." - F.W. Nietzsche