Re: SU carb

To: "Gary A. Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>,
Subject: Re: SU carb
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 08:33:13 -0600
At 10:59 PM 11/1/97 -0500, Gary A. Graham wrote:
>I read somewhere that one should solder the spring loaded plate
>valve in the throttle disc in the closed position. Should I do this?
>Why?
>
>Thnx!

If you've removed emisssion control equipment from your car, it would be
good to solder this
closed, but only if you can't get your idle down.  I had serious problems
with idle after I removed
the nonfuctional(or shall I say ugly) emissions control equipment.  After
soldering the valve shut,
my idle dropped down and it runs like a champ.  I have a '70 B if that is
important.

jay