Re: No Brake lights, no signals either.

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Subject: Re: No Brake lights, no signals either.
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 17:44:38 +0000
> Well, as Rosann-Rosann O'Dannas Great Grand-mother always said, "if its not
> one thing it's another."

... or another two, or three ...

> No Brake lights. I've checked  the switch by by-passing it and connecting the
> wires together. Power is going to the switch. Power supplied to the output
> line doesn't light up the brake lights.

If the rear lights and turn signals work it is either the bulbs (dual filament)
or
a connector in the brake light circuit between switch and lights, or one bulb
and
one connector ...

> Could a bad (or mis wired) flasher unit affect the brake lights?

Unlikely, even though they are both fed off the green (fused ignition) circuit.

> Also, no turn signals. I took the cover off the silver box (signal relays?)
> and they do click open. Should I replace the flasher unit?Do the hazards
>work?  If not could be bulbs and/or wiring again.  If they do, the
turn flasher gets its power through the hazard switch (hazards on cuts feed to
turn signals).  Try a 12v feed on both sides of the turn flasher (with the turn
signals on and the hazards switched off), then both green connections on the
hazard switch, and watch for the turn signals coming on.  Should help you to
decide which bit(s) to fix/replace.

PaulH.