Re: Brits believe in Peter Pan

To: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD), mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brits believe in Peter Pan
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 08:39:13 -0500
At 08:06 AM 11/4/97 EST, you wrote:
> Once upon a time there was a Fairey Marine.   It's not what you're
>thinking, is it?
>FM built boats with the hot moulded plywood hull being their specialty.
>They made Firefly, 5-0-5, Albacore, and a host of other neat hulls.
>Bob

Fairey must also have built the overdrive units used by Land-Rover. I'm sure
the badges on the rear of Land-Rovers reading "Overdrive by Fairey" have
given more than a few juvenile laughs. My own L-R has overdrive by
Superwinch, and rear badging reading "Overdrive by Superwinch", but for a
switched vowel it might be considered a feminist statement;-)

Michael, New Bern, NC