MGs...They're everywhere!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGs...They're everywhere!
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 12:15:13 -0800

today.  If they start discussing cats next, I'll be convinced my life is a
Twilight
Zone episode...Take care!
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College

--------------53A34DF1A8A

Date:         Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:03:11 -0600
Sender:       S-10  Blazer/Pickup Mailing List
              <S-10_MAILING_LIST@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>
From:         Brian Dourty <c664067@EVEREST.CCLABS.MISSOURI.EDU>
To:           S-10_MAILING_LIST@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU

->OK, let's not start talking about Brit cars, MGB's are also quite a pain to
get
->under.  My '74 runs with lowered springs all around, which makes anything
under the
->car inaccesible without jackstands.  I replaced the exhaust on my S-10 2wd
truck in
->three hours, but a muffler job on the MG too twice as long!  Maybe we could
start a
->Ford vs Chevy / Triumph vs MG thread...
->
->Remember: Triumphs don't; MG means More Guts!
->
        I have 2 MGB's. A 73' and a 79'. Although they are both low it is
really not that hard to work on them. I just replaecd the entire exhaust
on the 79' including the header and it only took three hours. I drive the
heck out of the 79' and it is as reliable as can be. I did have to replace
the drive belt on my last tip home, it was slipping and my battery ran
down. Besides that, no problems. My S-10 is another story. I have done a
lot of work on it, had the motor out twice, the tranny once, replaced CV
boots on several occasions, fuel pump, carb........... Don't get me wrong
though. I would trade both my MG's for an S-10 anyday. (Although I would
prefer a Typhoon or Syclone).
        The latest on my S-10 is the 5-Speed decided it had had enough.
Well, I have had enough too. I had a 4.3v6 and 700R4 laying around so I
am now in the process of sticking them in my 85' 4X4. Can't wait to get it
done. It is going to be so much nicer than that little 2.8v6
        Well, to keep with the topic of the thread, Ford vs Chevy/Triumph
vs MG, I'll just go on the record saying I wouldn't drive a ford if my
life depended on it and as for the Triumph, its an ugly little car and it
would take about 100 of them to equal one MG.
\       |                  Brian Dourty                 |        /
  \     |       c664067@everest.cclabs.missouri.edu     |      /

--------------53A34DF1A8A--