Re: New Miata

To: mil76@juno.com
Subject: Re: New Miata
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 13:00:10 -0500
>to the younger buyers with no competition at all.  Now Mazda has improved
>the flaws I saw in the original Miata by ditching the pop-up headlights
>and giving the car a bit of character.  So if Mazda can build this type
>of car and sell them for $20,000 in the US, why can't (won't?) the Brits
>build anything for even close to this price?  If this new Miata had an MG
>badge on it, I'd buy one in a second.

To top all of that off, Mazda is also working on fitting a 1.6L rotary
engine from the Rx-7 into the Miata. It may also come in a turbocharged
version. The Miata is a good car, but it can't hold a flame to the MG when
it comes to style, owner involvement, and love. I also like the pop up
headlights. Call me crazy. Ah well, my first sports car was an 85 Rx-7.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have a Miata for the Winter (and when the
B is off the road) and a B for the Summer. Unfortunately, all of that takes
$$$.

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
"If you gaze for a long time into an abyss,
 the abyss gazes also into you." - F.W. Nietzsche