She left me today.

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: She left me today.
From: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 97 21:49:10 UT
        As I turned off the light and closed the door a emptiness crept into
me.  I
had turned my back on her and walked away.  I saw the signs.  I knew this day
was coming, but it still hurt.

        I think back about the days that we had together.  Spring was when we
met.
The cool crisp days when life starts anew.  We didn't spend allot of time
together,  tentative in our budding relationship.  She wen't with my son and I
to baseball games, soccer league, and sometimes out just for fun.

        Summer came in strong with the hot bright sun.  Most of our "together"
time
was spent in the cool mornings and evenings.  After the sun went down our
affair became alive.  Out almost every night.  Diving for cover when the
surprise storm arrived.  Double dating with others like us.  Separate
vacations made us long for each other.

        As young men chased the pigskin we knew that our time was short and we
made
the most of the time we had together.  very day renewed the romance that had
brought us together.  Dodging falling leaves on our way to the store.  Racing
towards the end that we knew was fast approaching.  As the wind turned to the
north I turned up the collar on my coat.  Wore my hat and gloves and made the
most of the time we had together.

        That day came today.  As light rain and sleet fell against the windows,
made room in the garage for the "other woman " to spend the winter.  Tucked
her in and kissed her goodnight.  I will try to fill the void with seductive
pictures in glossy magazines knowing that none of them would ever live up to
my little lady.

        I turned out the light and closed the door.  I turned my back and
walked
away.  I know that Spring is only a few short weeks away.  I get somewhat
envious of those who keep their love year round, but know that the time we
spend apart will defiantly make this heart grow fonder.

David Stecher
Urbandale Iowa  USA
73 MGBGT "fergie"
resting quietly for the winter with fire in her heart.