A Thursday Sabbatical

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A Thursday Sabbatical
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:39:28 EST
What a great idea......have chinese food for lunch.........
an even better idea.........drive 200 miles and have said lunch
with Deutsch and Pender!
There is no doubt in my mind that a change is as good as a rest,
I checked into the office early this morning, cleared up the odd piles
of poop that couldnt wait and by 10am was on I95 heading for the depths
of darkest jersey in the 69.
The weather was balmy (but only a "window open" day since you cant get
a hard top in the boot of a B) and made it to Ian Penders by noon just in
time
to watch the inimitable Mr.Deutsch "marketing" a pristine 76 to a nice
chap
called Art who was doing a lot of gum-sucking and asking how hard it is
to restore a B - "oh its dead easy....." come three voices as one "look
at these....."
(referring to Mr Penders "herd") -Well of course, David is a born
salesman and
Art parted with his cash and went on his way to dream of a concours car
by spring.
Hmmm....... How many of you have done this and realised a few weeks later
what the true definition of a "parts car" is?!
We had a lot of giggles in the afternoon hearing about the NAMGBR meeting
in New Orleans and debating about whether it is breach of contract to
tell someone
you wont do something and then do it!!!!!
Ian has a very nice 51 TD for sale, its unrestored but very sound, not my
cup of
tea but Id guess the 5500 he's asking is pretty cheap.
Nice ride back - but i really must get the overdrive put in and the
hardtop
re-rubbered since im now basically deaf! -
Back in the office now and back to reality - but i thoroughly recommend
an
impromptu MG day as a present to yourselves, -  go for it!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster