The New Guy!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The New Guy!!
From: CyberKermi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:49:56 -0500 (EST)
Greetings and Salutations!

I am the new guy...here's my formal introduction :-)

Name: Tom
Age: 23
Location: Amelia Island, Florida (30 miles North of Jacksonville)
Interests: hmmmm take a lucky guess? :-)
Cars I've owned in the short 8 years I've been able to legally drive!
1968 Volkswagen Type 1 (my first car)
1976 Mercedes 300D  show condition gift for my 17th birthday!
1971 Volkswagen Cabriolet  show condition
1984 BMW 318i   another beautiful one owner
1980 Triumph Spitfire hardtop  like new  one owner
1979 Volkswagen Type 2 Campmobile  totally original and perfect  green/green
plaid!
1997 Land Rover Disco  wonderful SUV great for towing the vintage cars :-)
1960 Volkswagen "European" Type 1  ground up restoration by me! For Sale....

Sooo...that brings me up to the present!
Since I totally restored the 1960 "Beetle", all by myself, I would very much
like to try a MGA.  Of course, I'm going to have a load of questions...hope
everyone doesn't mind catering to my ignorance for a while?
First thing on my agenda: decide what year/model I should choose. I am really
drawn to the T models and MGAs, however I don't have a ton of money to throw
into my vintage addiction :-)  I'm starting out by selling my pride and joy
re: 1960 VW, I hope to get $4000 maybe a little under...then I can invest
this dough in my new "British" sportscar!  Any suggestions?  T-model or MGA?
I also joined the 356 Porsche list the other day, mailed them almost the
exact same letter as this one, and got slammed about 20 times the next
morning! I get the feeling most of the people on that list, are NOT
do-it-yourselfers...I mean that's part of the reason, I thought, these cars
were called "sportscars"..I like to know my vehicle inside and out, driving
is just half the hobby --well, maybe a tad bit more than half :-)-- but
bragging at the car show about how I took my baby into the shop for a new
"whatever" isn't my style. I prefer to tinker on my car by myself or with
some friends. Another problem with the 356, is the unibody construction. Now
having said the above, I want to define "tinker".  Tinker- everything except
cutting my car apart with a blowtorch or grinder, shaping pieces of metal to
ressemble framery, and welding them in place! I usually manage to find
Volkswagens with good frames, then unbolting and replacing panels isn't
really a problem. Will I be this lucky with a MGA or earlier?
Hmmm, girlfriend is telling me to come to breakfast.   Will write more later,
please
e-mail with your thoughts!!  Here is a hyperlink to our homepage...soon to be
a MG Homepage!  If the photos don't load, it's just aol screwing up once
again, please hit reload and they "should" appear!

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CyberKermi/webpage/page1.html";>http://members.
aol.com/CyberKermi/webpage/page1.html</A>

Well, that's me!  Thanks for reading, and thanks for any help you can give.
 Look forward to meeting everyone :-)

-Tom