Re: MGF

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGF
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 20:18:29 -0500

karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:

> If have one problem with the MGF. I don't want to start a controversial
> thread with this, but to me it's not a real MG. It wasn't built at
> Abdington, and if they had wanted to they could just as well have put a
> Triumph or even a BMW badge on it.

Before you judge weather or not it's a good car ( and that's relative) I would
ask if you have actually driven one.  I have, and find that it's got near
blinding acceleration (0-60 in 8.5 sec) and hugs the corners like its on rails.
If you have also driven the Z3, you'll find that it is smaller inside and doggy
off the blocks, (probably owing to its extra weight).  Don't even attempt to
compare the MGF with a Miata; there is none.

No matter, anyway, since you'll have a better chance of being struck by
lightning than being able to purchase an MGF in the USA before 2002.  BMW has
seen to that by offering everyone around us a shot at one.

Cheers,

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB
'70 MGB