Re: MGA!

To: CyberKermi@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA!
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 21:12:19 EST
Hi Tom,
 $6M--don't rush to rule this car out because of that asking price. It
Has been for sale for a month, and the daughter doesn't want it.....both
in your favor.
  When you see it, put the starting handle(crank) in and see if the
engine turns. Look for anything strange in the radiator and on the
dipstick.
  Above all, look for rust. These cars ride on a real chassis, but do
check it well with your poker and screwdriver. The body is fixable; so is
the chassis but it's hard.
  Look for service records, or at least for the notebook that hte owner
should keep, and for his receipts from parts vendors over the years. See
what was going on when the car was last running.
 And then check back with the list, report your findings. Some of these
guys know MGAs better than the factory did. Most of the A owners spend
more time with their cars than with their spouses.
Bob