MGB fuse question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB fuse question
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:16:57 -0500 (EST)
My 72 B had some electrical work done in the past that I'm still trying to
figure out.  Specifically, underneath the steering column cowl I find that
a blue wire has had an in-line fuse installed.  If I remove the fuse the
lights don't work.  The fuse is rated at 30 amps and seems to heat up the
longer the lights are on (I haven't yet had them on for more than 10
minutes at a time).  What should I do about this fuse?  What type of
problem was it trying to correct?  What will keep it from heating up?

John Middlesworth