The Society of Childlike Grownups-Childlike MG content!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Society of Childlike Grownups-Childlike MG content!
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:05:08 -0500 (EST)
 I sent this proclamation home to my "parents."  Thought I'd share it with
the list.

________________________ is a lifetime member in good standing in the SOCIETY
OF CHILDLIKE GROWNUPS and is hereby and forever entitled to:

------All items in (  ) I added for the list-these weren't sent to
parents!-------------

walk in the rain(or drive with the top down), jump in mud puddles(or drive
through them with someone standing nearby-I've never done this!), collect
rainbows, smell flowers(or engine blow-by), blow bubbles, stop along the
way(to ogle MG-GT bumpers), build sandcastles, watch the moon and stars come
out, say hello to everyone(on the list), go barefoot(and topless-the car!),
go on adventures(in the mountains), sing in the shower ( or the B-if you can
hear yourself), have a merry heart, read children's books (even Mike L's),
act silly(on the web), take bubble baths, get new sneakers(and performance
parts), hold hands and kiss and dance(use your imagination), fly kites, laugh
and cry(at Adrian Jones's triumphs and tragedies), wonder around(on rallies),
feel scared(death rattle), feel sad,feel happy(Picklestein is ALIVE), give up
worry, guilt and shame, say yes, say no, say the magic words(Honey, can I put
the Sun distributor machine in the living room?), ask lots of
questions(somebody here will give you their $.02 worth), ride bicycles, draw
and paint(the MG of course), fall down and get up again(not, "I've fallen and
can't get up!"), talk with animals(even cats?), stay up late(in the garage),
climb trees, take naps(obligatory OF content), do nothing (by 9 a.m.),
daydream(0-60 in 4.6 seconds), play with toys(biguns!!), learn new stuff(on
the list), get excited about everything($1.50 MG emblems), be a clown, enjoy
having a (rustfree) body, listen to music(Oh my God! Not the music thread
again!), find out how things work(BEFORE YOU BREAK DOWN), make up new
rules(should have left this one out!), tell stories(Bob, please respond!),
save the world(Oops!), make friends with the other kids on the block(LIST), AN
D do anything that brings more happiness, celebration, relaxation,
communication, health, love, joy, creativity, pleasure, abundance, grace,
self-esteem, courage, balance, spontaneity, passion, beauty, peace, and life
energy to the above named member and to the other humans and beings on this
planet.

     Furthermore, the above named member is officially authorized to frequent
amusement parks, beaches, meadows, mountaintops, swimming pools, forests,
playgrounds picnic areas, summer camps, birthday parties, circuses, cookie
shops, (speed shops, parts stores, swap meets, car shows, drive-in
restaurants), theaters, aquariaums, zoos, (On-line lists), museums, toy
stores, festivals, and other places where children of all ages come to play,
and is encouraged to always remember the motto of the SOCIETY OF CHILDLIKE
GROWNUPS:

    IT"S NEVER TOO LATE TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!(Now which parts should I
ask Santa to bring me?)

Tom Green
Sorry to act like a child, but....................................