Re: Vernier Calipers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Vernier Calipers
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 12 Nov 1997 14:45:12 -0600
In <199711121724.JAA23653@iceland.it.earthlink.net>, JedPiper wrote:
>Hi gang -
>
>What are vernier calipers and does anyone know where I might locate some?
>I apparently need this device to properly set the float level on my DGV.
>I made an inquiry at my local Auto Zone, but they were clueless.

Vernier calipers are precision measuring instruments, something Auto
Zone would not understand.  They also nowadays come as dial calipers.
You can buy a pair adequate to your purposes at a cheap tool place for
about $25.  Plastic ones are as cheap as $3-$4.  On the other hand,
you could _very carefully_ cut a strip of cardboard the width of the
float setting and do just as well, if not better.

                        A. B. Bonds