Re: Fw: (Non-tech)Winter Driving - MG Content, long.

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: (Non-tech)Winter Driving - MG Content, long.
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 02:57:49 -0500
Nory wrote:

> I'm not so much worried about my MG's handling in the snow as I am about
> the handling of the other vehicles (and drivers) on the road who may
> slide into it

  The cars aren't very good in real thick snow.

  Especially when snowplows plow the roads and there is
that two foot wall to get through into driveways and
parking lots. You sort of need to get a run at them
to make it through, and if you don't, you are stuck.

  Actually, tires are another issue altogether. It's
no fun to swap to winter tires just for the couple of
sunny days you feel like going plowing. And skinny
summer tires in a lightweight car are just saying
"I'll be lucky if I get out of my driveway".

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada