Re: Wiring cross reference

To: DenRP@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wiring cross reference
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:28:00 EST
Hi Dennis,
  Here's the Lucas system of colors

 Black  B       Earth, ground
 Brown  N       Unfused--always a hot wire
 Purple P       Fused but always hot
 White  W       Unfused-hot when ignition is on
 Green  G       Fused- hot when ignition is on
 Blue   U       Headlamp supply-not fused
 Red    R       Parking & Tail lights, not fused but can and should
be for safety
 Yellow                        Some OD circuits

There is a tracer code too
 Red-white      RW      Park, tail as above.  W tracer leads to panel
lights
 White-black    WB      W is ignition, unfused. B is coil-distrib
connection
 Blue-Red               UR      U is headlights, R is for low beams

I think there is more to this coding, and that John Twist charted it all
in a Moss Motoring issue.  When I find it, I'll post it.

Bob